Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seattle highlights

This past week was the third week in five I spent in Seattle for meetings and training. Thankfully, this time it wasn't all work and no play. We had a couple opportunities for fun in the evenings. Tuesday night we enjoyed dinner at Salty's on Alki Beach and admired the Seattle skyline.




Wednesday we went to the OTHER side and ate high in the sky at the Space Needle's Skycity Restaurant. While I've enjoyed going to the Space Needle several times in the past, this was the first time for dining there. It was really nice and lots of fun. Definitely a spot to bring Jamie the next time we get to venture here together.






Friday morning saw me back at Sea-Tac bright and early - or rather so early it was still quite dark. A long wait in the Starbucks line paid off when I scored a great seat to sip my tea and enjoy the atmosphere and hanging sculpture I've come to love.




The foggy, rainy weather didn't let up Friday morning for the trip home. I thought for sure the view out the window was a loss.



Thankfully once we climbed above the bottom cloud line, the window dried and the view improved immensely. And just in time too - the mountain peaks were gorgeous!


The lady in the seat ahead of me wore a vibrant red hand-crocheted scarf. It glowed in the sunlight streaming through the window. I had to close my eyes several times to let them recover or I was afraid I'd see red forever!


For the first time I can remember - I actually made my connecting flight at Chicago's O'Hare airport! All the pretty lights in the tunnel can't make up for missing a flight and getting stranded only six hours from home. This time I was actually able to enjoy them slightly before rushing to the next plane.


Who knew!?! Even the tiny airport support vehicles have special tow trucks! As we were taking off, I watched in amusement as these two puttered down the side road.


Then we climbed back up in the sky, surrounded by layers of clouds which trapped and funneled the sunset, giving us smooth sailing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment