Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maybe they're not so bad

The cat quite possibly likes the fish now. In fact, he's really intrigued by them, but he doesn't want us to know.

When Casper thinks we aren't looking, he'll park himself beneath the aquarium and stare intently upward at the little floating thingies which keep bobbing ever so enticingly inside.


Sometimes he'll stare so intently, the Shubunkins notice him and get uneasy and hide.


If we chuckle or burst out laughing or Casper even merely senses he's being watched, he'll turn around, give us a nasty look as if to say, "I wasn't looking at anything. I still don't like those thingies and I don't like that shiny clear box chuck full of water. Leave me alone." And then he saunters off, tip of his tail flipping full of annoyance from side to side as if to make his point from end to end.

Then it's down to a really tough choice: tease the cat to inform him we really know what he's up to, or pretend to ignore him so he still feels like he's truly in control of his domain in this house. But we know better... Who am I kidding! It's really him. He just lets us live here. I still can't get him to relinquish his spot on my side of the bed.

"Whatcha lookin at?!? I'm tryin' to get some rest here."

No comments:

Post a Comment