Thursday, December 9, 2010

Goodnight Navy Pier

For the last three nights, this is the view I last saw before drifting off to sleep:


If you look closer, you'll see Navy Pier and Lake Michigan (pardon the shaky shot...it's hard to zoom at night with my little camera). This is the closest I've been yet to them and still haven't actually walked along Navy Pier or dipped my toes in the water of Lake Michigan - not that I'd recommend any toe dipping when it's this cold!


I was in Chicago for the American Seed Trade Association meeting (ASTA). The best part was the view from my window. Gazing occassionally out at Navy Pier certainly made working from my hotel room much nicer. Throughout the day the view changed dramatically as the sun rose and set.


Next time I'm definitely bringing Jamie so we can explore Navy Pier together. I heard there's a Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant there and we'll just have to see if it's as good as the one at the Mall of America. Hopefully so!

1 comment:

  1. It is the most beautiful city ever...well if you ask a Martinez it is! Gave me goosebumps looking at your great pics, thanks for sharing Bethy.

    ReplyDelete