Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Animal fix gone awry

A couple weeks ago we did chores for a friend. Thinking this was a great way to get a barnyard animal fix without actually having to buy barnyard animals, this seemed like a good idea at the time. It backfired. Big time. Please pray for my husband - who is a very patient man, but even very patient men have limits...or so I'm told...because I may have gotten in over my head. Well, lemme explain:

First we met the cutest little bitty baby kitten who was thirsty so we gave it fresh water in the water bowl. This kitt was absolutely adorable and super friendly. I think it might want to come live at our house. Then it can show Casper how cats can love more than one person, however nice their person may be.


Then we checked on the chickens and turkins and gave them fresh water and collected the eggs. The eggs were glorious - all brown and white! There's nothing better than farm-fresh eggs. And to top it off, none of the hens were nesting so none got upset that I was collecting their eggs so none pecked me. This was very good indeed. I'm not a fan of chickens pecking me. It's rather unpleasant. And I much like to avoid anything unpleasant, especially when that unpleasantness is in the form of an angry hen.


Lastly (saving the best for last, of course), we checked on the baby goats and gave them a little more food and water. And fell in love. They're so cute! It would be impossible not to fall head over heels in love with these little cuties. They're totally adorable, and little, and soft, and gentle, and such nice little babies.

Good, right? Not exactly. Now I really miss the dairy goat herd we had growing up and all the good times we had with those sweet girls. Now I really, really want goats again. And the problem is we live in town and goats aren't exactly indoor pets. Oh, brother and bother and all that!

So here's to hoping our friends let us visit their cute little baby goats again and play with them often because otherwise my husband is going to have a tough time telling me why it is again that we can't have goats. I'm sure they wouldn't like to eat dahlias. Would they? If so, don't tell Jamie!

1 comment:

  1. Really we have no problem with you coming out to visit our livestock! Annabel and Clarabelle are simply adorable - even my husband loves them (so there is hope)! I think you might be out of luck on the dahlia eating though. Unfortunately I am too in love with my little barn kitties to give them up but you can come cuddle with them anytime! Loved the photos!

    ReplyDelete