Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Double-shot rainbow

God was smiling down on me tonight. And not because of anything I did. Nope. Wanna know how I know this? He drew a gorgeous double rainbow across the sky that I got to drive under all the way home. Note - I said DOUBLE rainbow (you can faintly see the outer rainbow to the right of the big one).

Nosirree. God didn't skimp on rainbows today. He made this a double. All bright and sparkly. Well, I guess it really wasn't like a flashy kind of sparkly - just very brilliant in the setting sunlight. I walked out the door after work and stopped. And stared. And then I smiled. Because God drew that rainbow for me on a day when I really could use one. And He didn't just give me one rainbow - He made it a double shot. That meant double the promises and double the reminder that He's always there for me, for us. And that was just the reminder I needed today.

After standing and gawking at that rainbow for quite awhile, I thought I really should be going on home. As I turned around to go towards the car, I was stopped by the beauty from the setting sun's rays lacing the edges of the cloud bank to the west. Ahhh... [pause to drink in the view]
The day's stresses and frustrations melted away in that moment of reflection and gratitude and I finished the last couple of steps to the car refreshed. At peace. And so thankful for God's double-shot rainbow and what is meant to me today.

1 comment:

  1. God rocks. I love how He gives us little moments of peace and beauty to remind us of His love for us.

    ReplyDelete