Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Worth" the visit

For most of those who know us well, we're knee-deep - no, make that neck-deep, up to our armpits and barely stayin' afloat, smack-dab in the middle of fair season. Jamie proudly shared with me this week he gets to go to fair #20 so far this summer and he's looking forward to every minute of it.

When I'm not busy traveling for work, I often get to go with Jamie to some of our county fairs. We usually call them our date nights when he gets to treat me to supper at the local 4-H or church food stand and I get to sample the pie selection whenever we save room for dessert.

Here are some highlights from our date night at the Worth County Fair on June 17.
Stunning hosta in the floral hall

Jamie beckoning me to join him for dinner at the 4-H stand
[confession] I was chuckling so much when I snapped this shot that truth-be-told, it's a little blurry. Take a gander at the handwritten caption and I think you'll chuckle along with me.
A proud photography entry in the 4-H building

The stars of the petting zoo.
The one with the wild hairdo sitting in the dish is my favorite!


So cool! 4-Her's get to take care of their own section
of these beds in the shape of 4-H!


We sat and enjoyed the Big Band music for quite awhile.
The music spilled out from the building and serenaded us
all the way back to the car.

Good night, Northwood! We'll be back again next fair!

1 comment: