Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hairballs and hearing loss

All in one night I felt really young and rather old all at the same time. We went to the Hairball concert in Des Moines at the ate fairgrounds and met up with friends. Some of us left the balcony and went down onto the floor and threaded our way carefully through the masses and ended up 12 feet back from the stage just off center. The view was great and the good songs were rolling one after another.

Hairball's "KISS"

Looking around, we were definitely on the very young end of the age brackets represented in the crowds. On the other hand, after only a couple songs that close to the speaker bank, my hearing was shot and for the rest of the night my ears were ringing. Even back up in the balcony away from the main blare of it all, whenever someone would say something, I'd often have to ask, "What did you just say?" And then I would feel really, really old.
Hairball's "Quiet Riot"
I'm still glad we went out. It was fun and the concert was really good - well, from what I could hear anyway. If you enjoy good rock & roll, you might want to check out Hairball when they're back at the Iowa State Fair on the Anderson Erickson Stage. You'll be in for a rockin good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment