Sunday, February 20, 2011

A pie birdie chorus

Remember this little guy? My first little pie bird? Well, he was lonely. Very lonely.


Jamie took pity on him and found a couple friends to join the pie medley.


Still, something was missing and Pie Birdie wanted a soul mate.

Fast forward to this weekend. Deep underground in the middle of St. Louis, standing in the Mercantile gift shop under the Arch, this flock of pie birdies shouted for attention from a shelf near the checkout line.


They were practically jumping off the shelf, begging to find a new home. I couldn't say no. And Jamie took pity on the situation and said I could pick one. It was a tough choice. They were all so cute!

This evening when we got home, I carefully unwrapped this little pie birdie and introduced her to her new home. She positively beamed.


And I'm happy to say, our pie birdie couple couldn't be happier. And they're gonna live happily ever after. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment